- Fees: All fees include HST. There is a 10% discount on the 3rd and 4th class per family based on the shortest class. A 20% discount on
the 5th class and more based on the shortest class.
Payment can be made to Trillium Academy of Irish Dance by cheque, cash or e-transfer.
- For the Love of Dance Art Contest: Back by popular demand, Trillium’s art contest is an opportunity for dancers to show-off other artistic
talents. More details soon. The adjudication of entries will take place on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
- St. Patrick’s Day (March Madness): Trillium is invited to a number of community events to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Many of these
shows fall within the March Break. These are great opportunities for dancers of all ages and abilities to perform across the Ottawa area.
We have a lot of fun! We will share this information as we get closer to the date.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and post-parade party – Saturday, March 10, 2018. Trillium is participating in the annual St. Patrick’s Day
Parade. All dancers are welcome to arrive on Laurier Avenue Bridge at 10:30 am. Please dress appropriately for the weather. The parade
route is Laurier Ave. West to Bank Street (South) to Lansdowne. We will be looking for some parent volunteers to help with the set up and
tear down of the school float and the set-up and clean-up of Trillium’s parade after-party. Details will be circulated closer to the date.
- Trillium School Feis – Sunday, April 22, 2018. The Trillium School Feis (competition) is a great way for dancers to prepare for the
upcoming Feisanna season. We will have a guest adjudicator who will provide feedback to dancers on their performance.
- Dance into Spring – Trillium Ceili – Saturday, June 9, 2018 (6:30 pm to 9:00 pm) This year we are hosting a Dance into Spring ceili
for the Trillium dance family. A fun filled evening of Irish music, song and dance, this will be an opportunity for dancers to perform, family
and friends to join-in on the fun, and Trillium to celebrate a great year of dance. Dance into Spring replaces Trillium’s annual recital.
- There are no classes scheduled on the following dates:
- Monday, February,19, 2018 (Family Day)
- Monday, March 12, 2018 to Saturday, March 17, 2018 (March Break)
- Monday, April 2, 2018 (Easter Monday)
- Saturday May 19, 2018 to Monday May 21, 2018 (Victoria Day Weekend and Feis Weekend)
- Be prepared for class: Please arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your class to get your shoes on. Proper Irish dance footwear must be worn at
all times. Dancers should wear shorts or leggings. Long baggy skirts, jeans, short skirts, pants are difficult to dance in. Longer hair should
be pulled back off the face. Bring a water bottle!
- Trillium School Costumes: The green skirt ($40) and ivory body suits ($40) are available for purchase. Please send us an email if your
dancer(s) needs a costume or needs to replace her costume. We also have hard and soft shoes and socks for purchase.